Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween Nails!

I've always been impressed with people that have nail art. I always pass on the nail art because it looks nice for the day that I have it, but somehow, I always chip my nails shortly after a manicure. I'm ever MORE impressed with people that can do it themselves.

Found THIS tutorial online, but because I'm a freak for perfection, I added a little something to make the lines a bit more straight.

Supplies:
Orange, Yellow & White Nail Polish (I used Sally Hanson Xtreme wear)
Top Coat Polish
Scotch painter's tape

Step 1: Clean and buff up your nails to remove any ridges

I hate hangnails!

2. Color entire nails with orange paint. If you're like me, you have a hard time not getting polish all over the sides of your fingers.


3. Cut small strips of the tape and place approx half way through the nail. Make sure your nail is fully dry, or you'll peel paint off when you take off the tape. Lesson learned.

4. Color the exposed nails with yellow on the bottom and white on the top.

5. Again, when fully dry, remove tape carefully. Add top coat to protect. And done!


And if you are like me and paint most of your cuticle and sides of your finger, remove with a cotton swap soaked in nail polish...or if you have another awesome way to get rid of excess paint, please comment and let me know!!!!

Happy Halloween!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment