Monday, October 3, 2011

What I'm about to show you will change your life.

Warning. What I'm going to show you will change your life. When I show it to you, I cannot un-show you. This will haunt your dreams, in an excellent way.

I found this marvel to modern man at The Daily What. One of my favorite Stumbles ever. I introduce you to:

The Cookie Bowl


Yes. You read that correctly. A bowl of cookie. Dishes are a thing of the past. The possibilities are endless. Ice cream, bananas and chocolate, frosting, spaghetti....and you get to eat the bowl. My stomach and sink have never been so happy.


Well, that seems easy....FYI - I halvsies this recipe in case it was epic failure.

Oven - 350 degrees

Ingrediants:

2 3/4 Cups Flour
1 tsp Salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 Egg
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 tsp No Color Almond Extract (I omitted)

1. Combine flour and salt in bowl, mix together thoroughly
2. Combine softened butter and sugar. Note - 30 seconds in my microwave is too long to soften butter.

3. Cream together until fluffy. Add egg and extracts and mix together.
4. Add flour mixture to butter/sugar one cup at a time and mix together. Dough shouldn't be sticky or crumbly. It's that sweet spot.

5. Oooh! Mini chocolate chips? You betcha.

6. Roll out on generously floured surface. Seriously, be generous. This dough is pretty sticky when rolled out, and there is nothing worse than cookie dough stuck to the rolling pin or counter.

7. Grease the bottom of a muffin pan with cooking spray.

8. Cut out a circle that will fit the muffin pan. I used a 5" diameter, but probably should have gone with a 4.5". Oh well, guess I'll have to make them again.

9. Drape the cut out over the muffin tin. Press down to shape around the tin. This will give you the best bowl. Take care to make sure there aren't any holes. You don't want things dripping out!

10. Repeat until the tin is filled. I did every other to allow room for cooking. I'm super glad I did.

11. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 11-13 minutes. Which translates to 10-15 in my oven. Take out when they are golden brown.
12. Let rest for 10 minutes (if you can). Loosen the tops from the pan with a small spatula or paring knife. I find this is easiest after about 5 minutes of cooling - it won't break apart from being too warm, but isn't so stuck yet.

13. Flip upside down and fill with treats...if it lasts that long.


You. Are. Welcome.


Try it or Buy it? That is a definite, "Try It". From start to finish, this recipe took me maybe half an hour. A few things I'd recommend is not rolling the dough so thin (I did about 1/8 of an inch) because it has a tendancy to crack. Although, dipping in chocolate and allowing to dry may solve that problem.  This was super easy, even having my tiny sous chef "helping".

 Hope you enjoy! Let me know how yours turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment